Online and Print Advertising Information
Chief Operating Officer: John C. Carter
Director, Association Services: Patrick Duffy
National Account Manager: Kathy Huntley
Manager, Recruitment Advertising: Monique McLaughlin
6900 Grove Road • Thorofare, New Jersey 08086-9447
(800) 257-8290 • (856) 848-1000 • Fax (856) 848-6091
The Official Journal of AMSUS
- Frequency: Monthly
- Mail class: Periodicals Postage
- Established: Organized - 1891; Incorporated by Act of Congress - 1903.
- Subscription Data: Rates for 1 full volume (12 issues). In the United States: $170/1yr.;
International: $225/1yr. No online access with these rates. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Editorial Focus: Military Medicine is edited for professional personnel in or affiliated with the Federal Medical Services. Articles report new developments in medical techniques, education, management, and research. Editorial content is composed of peer-reviewed articles of a clinical nature.
- Requirements for Acceptance of Advertising: Subject to approval of publisher.
- Placement Policy for Advertising: Three cover pages and interspersed between articles. Specific placement requests will be honored when possible and at the discretion of the publisher.
Executive Director/Publisher: VADM Mike Cowan, MC, USN (Ret.)
Deputy Executive Director/Associate Publisher: John S. Class, FACHE, CDR, MSC, USN (Ret.)
Editor: CAPT William H.J. Haffner, M.D. USPHS (Ret.)
Associate Editor: CAPT Trueman Sharp, MC, USN
Assistant Editor: CAPT Melvin Lessing, USPHS (Ret.)
Journal Administrator: Tonya Lira
1. Advertising Rates: (Effective January 2013)
2. Color Rates:
- Standard Color rate per page: $630
- Matched Color rate per page: $795
- 4/Color rate per page: $1,515
3. Classified Rates*:
- Per word – $3.10
- 1/4 page recruitment special – $320
- 1/2 page recruitment special – $635
- Full page recruitment special – $940
*Net rates, non-commissionable
- Efficiency Discount Program:
|Buy 4 ad units, receive 10%discount off each insertion
|Buy 6 ad units, receive 13% discount off each insertion
|Buy 10 ad units, receive 16% discount off each insertion
|Buy 12 ad units, receive 20% discount off each insertion
- Sustaining Member Discount: 10% discount for AMSUS Sustaining Members
- Special Issues:
- September 2013 -Pre-convention issue for the AMSUS Continuing Education Meeting
- October 2013 - Will be distributed at the 118th AMSUS Continuing Education Meeting
- December 2013 - Index Issue
- Earned Rates: Based upon accumulated space during 12-month period. Upon request, parent company and subsidiaries are combined for accounting of earned rate.
- 2-page insert: 3 times earned B&W page rate.
- 4-page insert: 5 times earned B&W page rate.
- Back-up rates per page: one-half earned B&W page rate.
- Larger units, gatefolds, tip-ins, die cuts: rates upon request.
- Special handling charges, etc.: for unusual insert handling, rates upon request.
- Business Reply Cards: earned B&W page rate.
- Larger size Business Reply Cards: 2 times earned B&W page rate.
- Cover and Preferred Position Rates:
- 2nd cover (inside front): earned rate plus 25%
- 3rd cover (inside back): earned rate plus 15%
- 4th cover (outside back): earned rate plus 50%
- Facing first text page: earned rate plus 15%
- Facing last text page: earned rate plus 15%
- Facing table of contents: earned rate plus 15%
- Special Positioning: Rates upon request for unusual positioning.
- Agency Commission: 15%. Color charges and position charges are commissionable.
All extra charges are non-commissionable.
- Average Monthly Circulation (Sep’11/Aug’12) Total: 8,337
- Circulation Verification: Sworn Statement
- Closing Dates for Space for 2013:
|Month of Issue
||7" x 10"
||8 3/8" x 11 1/8"
|1/2 Page (Vertical)
||3 3/8" x 10"
||4 1/4 x 11 1/8"
|1/2 Page (Horzontal)
||7"x 4 7/8"
||8 3/8 x 5 1/2"
|1/4 Page (Vertical)
||3 3/8" x 4 7/8"
Trim Size of Journal: 8 1/8" x 10 7/8"
*Bleed ads use non-bleed sizes for live area. If in doubt about ad sizes, contact the MINDWORKS office.
- Trim Size:
- Journal trims 1/8" off top, 1/8" bottom, gutter & outside edges.
- Final trim size of publication 8 1/8" × 10 7/8".
- Live matter should be kept to a minimum of 1/2" inside trim edges.
- Resolution of Images:
Covers, inside, 4/color process at 300 dpi
Color or Grayscale images at 300 dpi
Lineart (Bitmap) images at 1,200 dpi
- Ad Requirements: Electronic submissions only. Electronic ads must be submitted as high-resolution PDF files, minimum 300 dpi, CMYK mode for all color ads with Total Area Coverage (TAC) not to exceed 300% for the darkest area of an image. All color ads need to be supplied as composite files. All fonts and graphics must be embedded in Adobe Acrobat-compatible PDFs. All ads must include a color proof. For FTP transfer, contact your Sales Representative for access.
- Paper Stock
- Inside pages and covers: Coated.
- 4/color process available.
- Type of Binding: Perfect.
- Insert Requirements
2 page insert - 8 3/8" x 11 1/8".
4 page insert - 8 3/8" x 11 1/8".
Larger sizes upon request.
- Inserts to be supplied folded.
- Trim: 1/8" off top, 1/8" bottom, gutter & outside edge margin for live matter 1/2" inside all edges of untrimmed insert.
- Stock: 70 lb minimum, 100 lb maximum.
- Quantity: Consult Production Coordinator.
- Copy Clearance: All inserts subject to approval by Publisher. Copy should be supplied to the publisher prior to printing inserts. Allow three weeks for approval.
- Business Reply Card Requirements: A business reply card will be accepted when run in conjunction with an advertisement of at least one page.
- Disposition of Reproduction Material: Destroyed after one year. Please Note: The Association of Military Surgeons of the United States (AMSUS) must approve all advertising.
- All efforts will be made to preserve advertising materials in their original condition. However, the Publisher is not responsible for lost or damaged advertising materials after publication.
- Publisher will provide pubsets upon advertiser request. However, Publisher will not be held financially responsible for incorrect information as supplied by advertiser.
- Publisher’s and Representative’s Liability: The Publisher and Advertising Sales Representative will not be liable for any failure to print, publish, or circulate all or any portion of any issue in which an advertisement accepted by the Publisher is contained if such failure is due to war, acts of God, strikes, accidents or any circumstances beyond the Publisher’s control.
- Indemnification of Publisher: In consideration of publication of an advertisement, the advertiser and the agency, jointly and separately, will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the book, its officers, agents and employees against expenses (including legal fees) and losses resulting from the publication of the contents of the advertisement including, without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of right of privacy, copyright infringements, or plagiarism.
- Billing Policy: Billing to the advertising agency is based on acceptance by the advertiser of “dual responsibility” for payment if the agency does not remit within 90 days. The Publisher will not be bound by any conditions printed or otherwise, appearing on any insertion order or contract when they conflict with the terms and conditions of this rate card.
Addresses for Mailing and Shipping
- Mail advertising materials to:
Michele Lewandowski – Product
Monique McLaughlin – Recruitment
6900 Grove Road
Thorofare, NJ 08086-9447
(800) 257-8290 • (856) 848-1000
Fax: (856) 848-6091
- For contracts & insertion orders:
Kathy Huntley – Product
Monique McLaughlin – Recruitment
Fax: (856) 848-6091
- For inserts:
(month and quantity)
6450 Fame Ave.
Hanover, PA 17331