Page 3 of 10
- Active duty, reserve or retired military members should use their rank, corps, and service as their title and the format should conform to official service policy. Military Medicine will not use academic degrees for military members. (A sample is available at www.amsus.org/index.php/journal/submit-a-manuscript).
- Non-uniformed/non-military authors should be listed with highest academic degrees.
- Authors should not use initials for both first and middle names. At least one given name should be written in full.
- In order to maintain accountability for multi-authored papers, one Author must agree to serve as "Guarantor" of the submission. Upon acceptance for publication, the Guarantor will be asked to sign the following statement:
I agree to take responsibility for the integrity and veracity of this paper and the work and research it represents. I am well acquainted with the entire paper and I am aware of the origins of all contributions on which this paper and its conclusions are based. I accept responsibility for the integrity and the legitimacy the individual contributions that comprise this paper.
I understand I may be called upon to defend the veracity of this paper, should it ever be questioned or criticized in part or in full. In the event that some portion of this paper to which I did not personally contribute is called into question I am capable of directing such inquiries to the proper contributor.
My co-contributors and I understand that by signing this document, I shall be listed as the "Guarantor" of this paper and all others shall be identified as "Contributors".
- All other Authors will be listed in the order submitted by the corresponding author.
- One Author must serve as the Corresponding Author.
- The Corresponding Author must provide us with a current email address. Email addresses must remain current since all correspondence is sent electronically. In addition, we also need a current mailing address as well as telephone and facsimile numbers as alternate means of contact. If email correspondence is returned for any reason as non-deliverable, the manuscript associated with the email address will be deactivated.
- Author addresses indicated on the title page for publication should relate to the location where the research was undertaken or they should be work work addresses. All addresses must contain street numbers, street names, city, state, and zip codes. If the addresses are outside of the United States, please provide them in English, and as a mailing address.
- Corresponding Authors who change addresses between the time when a contribution has been received and the time it is accepted, forwarded to the printer, rejected, or withdrawn, must notify the journal staff of their new email and mailing addresses together with telephone numbers. Failure to provide current contact information will result in the manuscript being deactivated.