Sustaining Members Code of Ethics
The credibility of the AMSUS Sustaining Members (SM) section is dependent on the trust and confidence we earn from our members, parent organization, and customers. We gain credibility by adhering to our commitments, displaying honesty and integrity, and reaching goals solely through honorable conduct. It is the purpose of our Code of Ethics to provide a guide to proper business conduct for all corporate member representatives, hereby referred to as representatives. We expect all representatives to observe the highest standards of ethics and integrity in their conduct. This means following a basic code of ethical behavior that includes the following:
- The antitrust laws promote competition by prohibiting anti-competitive behavior. All representatives should take care not to disclose anything that is competitively sensitive or proprietary. If you feel the least bit uncomfortable with the contents of any aspect of any SM program, raise the issue immediately so that it can be fully discussed and resolved.
- Representatives shall maintain a high standard of ethical conduct and thus contribute to the integrity of the Association.
- Representatives shall at all times respect the rights and dignity of all individuals.
- Representatives have the responsibility for demonstrating, through their actions, clear and direct behavior consistent with this Code.
- Representatives shall maintain a commitment to integrity by complying with all laws, rules, and regulations when we do business.
- Representatives shall be dedicated to ethical, fair, and considerate behavior in all their dealings.
- Representatives shall avoid any activity that might impair, or appear to impair, the ability to make objective and fair decisions when conducting business.
- Since we deal with federal government customers, for whom special rules apply, business courtesies shall not violate any law or regulation or the standards of conduct of the recipient’s organization.
- Representatives shall not improperly influence, manipulate, or knowingly mislead any customer, other member, or business partner of the association.
- Representatives shall protect all other members’ right to privacy and confidentiality with respect to information sought or received and resources consulted.
- Representatives shall treat colleagues with respect, fairness, and good faith, and advocate conditions of membership that safeguard the rights and welfare of all.
- Representatives shall provide the highest level of service to the AMSUS SM organization through accurate, unbiased, and courteous responses to all requests.
- Representatives shall not advance private interests at the expense of the organization, colleagues, or customers.
Compliance with these principles is an essential element to maintaining the highest possible credibility for the organization. Any non-compliance should be reported directly the AMSUS SM Executive Council in writing for review.