Post-test & Evaluation Certificate
Available 6/1/20 – 5/31/21
Become a Member and receive Journal CE/CME as a benefit!
Authors: Junaid Nabi, MD, MPH; LCDR Austin J. Haag, PhD, MHA, MEcon, MEd, MSC, USN;
Quoc-Dien Trinh, MD
Continuing Education Information
This continuing education activity is provided through a collaboration between AMSUS and AffinityCE. This activity provides continuing education credit for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, health care executives and pharmacists, as well as providing a statement of participation for other attendees.
1 Hour of Credit
1. Review the role of the United States Military Health System (MHS) in delivering health care, its current criticisms, and challenges.
2. Identify the current challenges faced by the US MHS and how these challenges impact overall military readiness.
3. Review the current cost-accounting methodologies used in the US MHS and their limitations.
4. Recognize value-based initiatives launched by the US MHS; role of TDABC in value-based healthcare—its advantages and methodology.
5. Appreciate how TDABC calculates “true” resource utilization and formulae used for calculating “true” costs.
Authors have no relevant financial interests to disclose.
AffinityCE staff, AMSUS staff, planners, and reviewers have no relevant financial interests to disclose.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of AffinityCE and AMSUS. AffinityCE is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.