COL (ret) Joseph M. Molloy, PT, PhD; LTC (ret); Timothy L. Pendergrass, PT DSc ATC; LTC Ian E. Lee, PT, DSc; Michelle C. Chervak, PhD, MPH; LTC (ret) Keith G. Hauret, MSPH MPT;
MAJ (ret) Daniel I. Rhon, PT, DSc
Continuing Education Information
This continuing education activity is provided through a collaboration between AMSUS and AffinityCE. This activity provides continuing education credit for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, psychologists, health care executives and pharmacists, as well as providing a statement of participation for other attendees.
1. Distinguish among primary, secondary, and tertiary MSKI risk reduction initiatives.
2. Identify/describe associations (or lack thereof) between the health-related components of physical fitness (aerobic endurance, muscular endurance, muscular strength, body composition, flexibility) and MSKI risk among soldiers.
3. Identify/describe the key components of the Occupational Physical Assessment Test (OPAT). To describe Army Physical Readiness Training (PRT) in terms of its (1) key components, (2) intent and (3) effect on trainee MSKI rates.
4. Identify/describe associations (or lack thereof) between footwear and running-related injury risk.
5. Identify/describe key components of the Army’s Holistic Health and Fitness system (H2F), including the Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT).
6. Identify/describe the association between prior MSKI and risk for future injury.
7. Describe the importance of timely, accurate MSKI reporting and consistent external cause coding in the electronic health record when pursuing MSKI risk reduction.
8. Identify/describe MSKI survey research capabilities.
Authors have no relevant financial interests to disclose.
AffinityCE staff, AMSUS staff, planners, and reviewers have no relevant financial interests to disclose.