Submit an Abstract for a Poster Presentation or Lecture at the 2020 AMSUS Annual Meeting
Poster abstract deadline extended to 3 August 2020
(Deadline for presentation abstracts was 17 July 2020)
NOTE: When submitting an abstract, please use any web browser other than internet Explorer for best results
Theme- Federal Health: A Global Vision Beginning in Your Community
The 2020 AMSUS Annual Meeting will mark its 129th year of providing the premier platform where healthcare leaders, clinicians, researchers, and allied healthcare professionals from the uniformed services, federal agencies, civilian sector, industry, academia and international coalition partners collaborate and share innovation and advancement of public health, medical care, and technology to enhance the health and wellness of all.
AMSUS Mission: Organized in 1891, and chartered by Congress in 1903, AMSUS, The Society of Federal Health Professionals, is a non-profit member-based educational and professional development association serving the Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Health and Human Services, federal health professionals and their families, industry partners and advocates for advancing health for all- especially through interagency collaboration. AMSUS supports all federal health professionals- to include physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, administrators and healthcare leaders at all levels- and honors the legacy of federal medicine’s tremendous impact in advancing and improving health for all Americans and international coalition partners.
The information on this page and within the abstract submission portal is important to successfully securing a presentation assignment. Approximately 160 poster presentation assignments and limited lecture presentation assignments are available.
Scroll down for submission link
Submission Accreditation Requirements
Submissions are required to meet medical education accreditation standards to be accepted for presentation. ALL presentations, lecture and poster, will be reviewed for balanced, independent, objective, scientifically based rigor, free of commercial bias. Commercial content, product endorsements, or service related advertisements are not permitted. All content will be reviewed for the following health professional accreditations: (ACCME) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit Physicians & Physician Assistants Accreditation; (ANCC) Nurses; (AANP) Nurse Practitioners; (ACPE) Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians; (APA)* Psychologists; (ACHE)* Health Care Executives; CERP (ADA-CERP)* Dentists; Social Workers (NASW), and General Participation Certificate for all others not listed. *when applicable
Breakout and Poster Presentation Topics
Submissions will be accepted on the following topics with the express interest to share successful ethical, and optimal professional healthcare practices, research findings and outcomes; keeping in mind the direction of “One Health” and collaborative and integrated care:
- Surgical/Traumatic Injury/Clinical Care – These clinically relevant presentations encompass the entire spectrum of care delivered by physicians, nurses, allied health personnel and healthcare extenders. May include advances in the delivery of healthcare, latest research in trauma and casualty care, as well as the increasing complexity of healthcare administration and business operations while providing leading edge solutions in areas such as: health information technology, medical logistics, the business of healthcare, talent management and shared services, policy & practice electronic health records, drones, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, 4D Bio, regenerative treatments, medical ethics
- Psychological Health and Rehabilitation – These presentations should focus on cognitive and psychological disorders due to traumatic injury, addiction, situational trauma or transitional care following active duty
- Public Health–These presentations should focus operational readiness as it relates to health promotion and wellness, occupational health, public health, dentistry, preventive veterinary medicine, preventive medicine, or environmental health.
- Global Health –These presentations should be focused on collaborative, population-based, transnational health promotion. These presentations may discuss health concerns that cross country borders and may include coordination of care, prevention of illnesses, and treatment to sustain health as well as training of medical forces or leading during a changing healthcare landscape.
- Pharmacy and Pain Management –These presentations will focus on best practices and advances in pharmacological management and treatments. Discussions may include opioid topics, addiction, alternative pain management, telehealth and prescription management.
- Non-CE – Industry-based topics – A breakout session room will be reserved for presentations that are relevant to healthcare but that contain industry proprietary content or do not meet CE/CME accreditation criteria.
** Podium presentation planners will attempt to schedule 30 or 60 minute sessions; however, shorter presentations are possible, or panels on like topics may be requested.
Contact Lori.Lawrence@amsus.org for other time block requests
All presenters or panel members named on the submission will be required to complete the following:
- Establish or update a profile with email address, service or agency affiliation and rank/civilian status, professional credentials, business address, phone number where you can be reached
- Upload a current CV or resume
- Complete the online Continuing Education Agreement (CE Agreement) and Disclosure Forms
For the abstract submission you will need to provide the following:
- Title of the submission (20 or fewer words – Do Not Capitalize all text, only first letter of words)
- A one paragraph summary describing your presentation; approximately 350 words or fewer
- 3-5 objectives (Following this presentation, the participant will be able to…)
- Select the most appropriate track category for your presentation. (Reviewers and planners will take this into consideration, however, if selected it is not a guarantee the same track assignment will be possible)
Registration for Presenters
All accepted presenters, Lecture/Panel and Poster, must register for the meeting. A promo code will be provided with acceptance letters.
Please check back to this page for registration rates.
Important Dates to Follow – Please be mindful of due dates, this is a peer review process and your colleagues appreciate timely submissions!
Housing block opens (use AMSUS link for discounted rates) Delayed, Open August 1
Lecture abstract submissions CLOSED 17 July
Lecture abstract submissions sent to reviewers
Poster submissions CLOSED 3 August
All notifications sent to accepted presenters
Agenda set and posted
Housing reservation site open August 1
Notification of acceptance/decline emailed to all poster submitters by 1 September
All accepted abstract summaries posted online
ATTENTION LECTURE PRESENTERS: For CME compliance, slide presentations must be submitted no later than 18 September 2020. Presenter names, disclosure statement and objectives must be included.
NOTE: When submitting an abstract, please use any web browser other than Internet Explorer for best results