First-Time Student/Resident Members: Get a 2-Year Membership FREE
For federal health students and residents, AMSUS offers professional development, education and networking benefits.
2LT Andrew Louis DiMatteo, an Army HPSP student participated in the AMSUS Student/Resident Volunteer Program at the Annual Meeting, where he was introduced—by AMSUS staff— to MG Jonathan Woodson, Commanding General of the U.S. Army Reserves. While at the Annual Meeting, DiMatteo attended keynote addresses and panels with federal health leadership, breakout educational sessions on a variety of topics, networking events, and the exhibit hall.
Who is Eligible?
AMSUS student/resident membership is available to full-time, federally funded, health profession students in medical, nursing, dental, etc. school (HPSP, MODV, USUHS, NHSC, ROTC, GI Bill),
In the spirit of building the next generation, AMSUS offers a two-year free membership to full-time, federally funded, health profession students who have never been AMSUS members.
At the end of the free membership period, you may renew at the appropriate dues rate – based on graduation/residency completion date.
AMSUS Benefits for Student/Resident Members:
- Subscription to our peer-reviewed Military Medicine: The International Journal of AMSUS (save nearly $200)
- Submit articles for publication in Military Medicine (save the $125 submission fee)
- Attend an AMSUS regional seminar (typically save $50-$75)
- Earn online CME for select Military Medicine articles (save $20 per credit hour)
PLUS, AMSUS student/resident members receive these ADDITIONAL benefits:
- Complimentary registration to the AMSUS Annual Meeting
- Exclusive networking opportunities at the in-person AMSUS Annual Meeting: students/residents who participate in our volunteer program are introduced to federal health leadership as networking opportunities arise.
- Peer-to-Peer regional seminars (in progress)