Federal Agencies – AMSUS Executive Advisory Council (EAC) and inter-related agencies and departments,
including the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the U.S. Defense Health Agency
Military Health System (MHS)
Defense Health Agency
The April 2023 Continuing Education (CE) Newsletter is now available.
- As of Mar. 1, 2023, the American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO) is no longer included in the Continuing Medication Education (CME) for Maintenance of Certification (MOC) collaboration with Joint Accreditation (JA); therefore, CEPO is no longer able to award ABO MOC credits
- REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN for the Apr. 27, 2023 Clinical Communities Speaker Series (CCSS): “Targeted Interventions Focused on the Whole Health and Wellbeing of the Military Child”
- The Sep. 2022, Oct. 2022, and Feb. 2023 CCSS Home Studies are available for CE/CME credits
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Apr. 19-20, 2023 Free CE Course: “Dosage and Administration Section of Labeling Draft Guidance”
- CEPO FAQs section which includes information on CE/CME presenter reimbursement/honoraria, and CE application submission information
The CE Newsletter is a flagship publication of the Defense Health Agency (DHA), Education and Training Directorate (J-7), Continuing Education Program Office (CEPO). Online access to additional resources and CE/CME credits are available at https://www.dhaj7-cepo.com/. If you received this email in error or would like to unsubscribe, reply to this email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line,
US Department of Health and Human Services
ASPR TRACIE May 2023
This issue of The Express highlights the following new and updated resources:
- Buffalo Strong: Response and Recovery to an Active Shooter Incident (Speaker Series Recording)
- Updated Mini Modules to Relieve Stress for Health Care Workers
As many of you prepare for the start of the 2023 hurricane season, we invite you to access our Hurricane Resources Page, which includes resources such as:
- After the Flood: Mold-Specific Resources
- Major Hurricanes: Potential Public Health and Medical Implications
- Healthcare Facility Evacuation/Sheltering (Topic Collection)
Stay tuned for issue 17 of The Exchange which will feature articles on water and other utility outages, and feel free to reach out to ASPR TRACIE if you need technical assistance.
US Department of Veterans Affairs
Talk, Socialize, Connect
Visit the VA Careers website to see more information. Don’t have the time to stop by, or not sure if these events are a good fit for you? Online employment support is just a few clicks away.
Meet VA Career Professionals
Military families understand hardship better than most. Frequent moves, deployments, and time spent apart all build resiliency among service members and their spouses. The Veteran and Military Spouse Talent Engagement Program (VMSTEP) at VA recognizes resiliency by providing employment readiness resources to eligible job seekers. Listen to Dr. Andreé Sutton, VMSTEP director of operations, and Kasia Davis, senior human resources specialist, explain the program on a recent episode of our “Talk About It Tuesday” (TAIT) LinkedIn Live stream to learn more.
Support an aging Veteran population
Cheryl Schmitz, deputy executive director of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Office of Geriatrics and Extended Care, also appeared on our livestream recently to discuss how we provide for elderly Veterans and their families. As a leader in geriatric care, you can join a team that is uniquely qualified to serve our nation’s heroes across every stage of their lives. Check out our recent livestream episodes, short highlights, and tune in to a new conversation about VA employment every Tuesday at noon ET.