Sustaining Member – Corporate Membership
AMSUS created the Sustaining Member (SM) Section in 1953 to bring together private healthcare industry representatives with key Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs, and U.S. Public Health Service decision makers. The AMSUS-SM section is made up of some of America’s finest companies that are committed to the advancement of federal health professionals and relentlessly focused on advancing federal healthcare. Members are companies selling products and services to the federal government that are committed to the advancement of Federal Health Professionals. Be part of a cohesive and diverse group of companies positively impacting federal healthcare. A non-profit organization of member companies committed to the advancement of federal health professionals. Provide communications and education forums to present a broad selection of opportunities for member companies to see, hear and interact with leaders from the Federal Health System (e.g. Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense, Indian Health Service, Health & Human Services) in an environment that fosters cooperation and the sharing of ideas for the betterment of both the member companies and these Federal agencies.
SM Mission Statement – A non-profit organization of member companies committed to the advancement of federal health professionals. Provide communications and education forums to present a broad selection of opportunities for member companies to see, hear and interact with leaders from the Federal Health System (e.g. Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense, Indian Health Service, Health & Human Services) in an environment that fosters cooperation and the sharing of ideas for the betterment of both the member companies and these Federal agencies.
SM Value Proposition to Federal Healthcare
- Offers insight into Industry perspectives on the healthcare market issues we all face
- Brings solutions to the cost, quality, access, and outcome issues we face in the Federal healthcare market
- A conduit for deeper, more meaningful discussions with Clinical Knowledge Leaders in the Private Sector
- Brings federal healthcare issues to our Political Action Committees for lobbying considerations
- Interfaces with other Professional Organizations focused on different aspects of Federal Healthcare
SM Value Proposition to Members
- Offers an understanding of the complexity of partnering with the Federal Government
- Networking Interactions &/or education
- Shares knowledge of the Federal Market Space
- Brings over 2,000 years of collective knowledge
- Provides a safe, ethical space for Industry/Government issue resolution and/or idea sharing at a micro and macro level
- Provides a conduit for rapid adaptation of solutions to new/unmet needs
- Maintains an acute awareness of the federal beneficiary
- Values inclusiveness of all members into the organization
- Brings unique Federal Market Insights
Member Benefits – for up to 9 employees per organization
- Quarterly Meetings – Networking with industry colleagues, invited federal/government presenters
- Military Medicine – AMSUS peer-reviewed journal both print and online $170 Value
- Event Registration Discount at AMSUS Annual Meeting and Seminars
- AMSUS SmartBrief e-Newsletter for Federal Health Professionals
- Networking & Collaboration Opportunities with military, federal, and civilian peers
2019 Quarterly Meeting Schedule (Tentative)
Minneapolis, MN in conjunction with COA – USPHS Scientific Symposium
National Harbor, MD – Held at AMSUS Annual Meeting
Member Types & Annual Dues (Based on 12 months from date of join/renew)
- Consulting Firm (SMCF) of 5 partners or less $1,000
- Small Business (SMSB) 1000 or less employees $1,500
- Large Business (SMLB) 1001 or more employees $3,000
Chair: Richard (Curt) Curtis, 3M Medical Markets Center
Vice Chair: John DiMaggio, US WorldMeds/HEMA Biologics
Secretary/Treasurer: Matt King, Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.
Immediate Past Chair: Bill Cieri, Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Once approved, you will receive instructions on how to submit membership dues payment.
Contact Susan Bachenheimer for more information.
AMSUS is grateful to the loyal support provided by the many companies that make up the Sustaining Member section
Bill Cieri, AMSUS-SM Immediate Past Chair
& David Dehondt
AMSUS-SM Members Only Page (Log in required)
The following information is posted in the member’s only section:
- Meeting Minutes
- Speaker Presentations
- SM Leadership & Sub-committee rosters — coming soon
- Other contact lists as made available to leadership — coming soon
You will need to access your member record in order to access the files. This information is for active AMSUS-SM members only and not to be shared with anyone outside of your company.