Continuing Education Information
This continuing education activity is provided through a collaboration between AMSUS and AffinityCE. This activity provides continuing education credit for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, psychologists, health care executives, dentists, and pharmacists, as well as providing a general participation certificate for other attendees.
At the end of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the history and services provided by the TAPS program
- Identify the 3 phases of grief recovery that guide the TAPS bereavement care model
- Describe the peer support programs that are available for bereaved survivors of a military death
- Discuss the advantages of peer-support based programs for establishing trust and overcoming stigma with bereaved survivors
- Describe the history and services provided by the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS), and explain how it can be utilized by survivors.
- Use an understanding of the 3 phases of grief recovery to interpret the TAPS bereavement care model for the benefit of survivors
- Apply knowledge of the advantages of peer-support based programs in establishing trust and overcoming stigma to discussions with bereaved survivors.
Disclosures: AffinityCE staff, AMSUS staff, planners, and reviewers have no relevant financial or non-financial interests to disclose. Authors: Chantel M. Dooley*; MAJ Bonnie Carroll, USAF R. (Ret)*; Laura E. Fry*; Grace Seamon-Lahiff, LMFT*;COL Paul T. Bartone, MS USA (Ret) have no relevant financial or non-financial interests to disclose.