COL (ret) Joseph M. Molloy, PT, PhD; LTC (ret); Timothy L. Pendergrass, PT DSc ATC;
LTC Ian E. Lee, PT, DSc; Michelle C. Chervak, PhD, MPH; LTC (ret) Keith G. Hauret, MSPH MPT;
MAJ (ret) Daniel I. Rhon, PT, DSc
Continuing Education Information
This continuing education activity is provided through a collaboration between AMSUS and AffinityCE. This activity provides continuing education credit for physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, psychologists, health care executives and pharmacists, as well as providing a statement of participation for other attendees.
1. Identify/describe the impact of MSKIs in the deployed environment.
2. Distinguish between overuse and traumatic MSKIs, in terms of (1) mode of onset, (2) relative occurrence among U.S. Army soldiers and (3) specific types of MSKIs.
3. Identify/describe the impact of sex/gender on MSKI risk among soldiers.
4. Identify/describe the impact of age on MSKI risk among soldiers.
5. Compare and contrast soldiers in combat arms and noncombat arms units, in terms of (1) incidences of reported MSKIs, (2) MSKI-limited duty days and (3) rates of limited duty days for chronic MSKIs.
6. Compare and contrast U.S. Army trainees and the entire Active Component Army in terms of MSKI risk.
7. Compare and contrast running and rucksack marching in terms of MSKI risk.
8. Identify/describe the impact of MSKI-related chronic pain or long-term disability in terms of medical disability discharges, service-connected disability compensation and potential associations with secondary health deficits.
Authors have no relevant financial interests to disclose.
AffinityCE staff, AMSUS staff, planners, and reviewers have no relevant financial interests to disclose.