AMSUS membership provides professional development and networking opportunities through our bi-monthly peer-reviewed journal, the Annual Meeting, Regional Seminars, and CE program. Our members represent all healthcare disciplines- to include but not limited to physicians, dentists, nurses, allied health professionals, medical administrators- and are (or have been) affiliated with the medical component of at least one of four federal agencies (DoD, VA, HHS, DHS), as well as civilians and individuals of the military medical services of coalition and partner nations.
Membership dues support the AMSUS mission to provide professional development, networking, and communications through our programs and publications. AMSUS serves as the Voice of Federal Health Professionals within the community of organized medicine.
- Anyone with an interest in improving health and the delivery of healthcare through advances in federal, military, and international military medicine
- Individuals who are currently, or have at any time been associated with the medical component of at least one of four federal agencies (DoD, VA, HHS, DHS) – directly or as a consultant
- Individuals of all healthcare disciplines – to include but not limited to physicians, dentists, nurses, allied health professionals, medical administrators, military medical students and residents, enlisted healthcare professionals, military medical professionals from coalition and partner nations
- Other – Still not sure if you should join? Contact Susan.Bachenheimer@amsus.org
Annual membership entitles you to all member benefits. Multi-year options are available at reduced rates.
Either purchased or the result of active membership for 30 years. Life members continue to receive benefits, but no longer pay dues.
Available to full-time, federally funded, health profession students in medical, nursing, dental, etc. school (HPSP, MODV, USUHS, NHSC, ROTC, GI Bill), and includes all the benefits of active membership including annual subscription to Military Medicine, our peer reviewed medical journal.
An additional student member only benefit is volunteer opportunities at the Annual Meeting. Commit a few hours of your time and you can attend the meeting at no cost. Information will be sent to current members in mid to late summer.
Free Student/Resident Member
In the spirit of building the next generation, AMSUS offers a one (1) year free membership to full-time, federally funded, health profession students who have never been AMSUS members.
At the end of the free membership period, you may renew at the appropriate rate – based on graduation/residency completion date.
Please extend this offer to any eligible students you know.
Companies selling products and services to the federal government that are committed to the advancement of Federal Health Professionals. Be part of a cohesive and diverse group of companies positively impacting federal healthcare.
Student/Resident = $50
1 Year = $100
2 Year = $180 (Save 10%)
3 Year = $270 (Save 10%)
5 Year = $400 (Save 20%)
10 Year = $750 (Save 25%)
Contact Susan Bachenheimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-828-1590 to join or renew at the 10-year member category.
Life Member = $1,200 (Save 60%)
Corporate Members = $1,000 – $3,000 based on company size and total federal sales
- Continuing Education (CE/CME) Nine healthcare disciplines (MD/DO, PA, NP, RN, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Techs, Psychologists, Dentists, and Administrators (ACHE) are offered for select online Journal of Military Medicine articles, Annual Meeting participation, and regional seminars – see below for more information
- Regional Seminar Programs Full- and half-day seminars with varied topics and locations, designed to expand awareness of AMSUS while also providing continuing education credit hours and networking opportunities. Discounted member registration rate
- Military Medicine receive bi-monthly peer reviewed journal – print and online access ($184 value), Online CE/CME credits hours for select journal articles and other online opportunities – Free to members, $20 per hour for non-members
- AMSUS Annual Meeting CE/CME credit hours and discounted member registration rate (credit hours vary by event)
- AMSUS SmartBrief The e-Newsletter for Federal Health Professionals – editors hand-pick the most relevant and important news—based on AMSUS criteria— and summarize it, link to the original sources and deliver the weekly e-newsletter every Wednesday directly to your inbox. An AMSUS News section includes information on Events, Member Programs, CE Opportunities, and much more
- Member-Get-a-Member Members who refer a colleague get rewarded: 1 referral=Challenge Coin; 3 referrals=$25 AMSUS Credit; 5 referrals=$100 Gift Card, 10 referrals=$250 Gift Card
- AMSUS Annual Awards Program honors the contributions of outstanding federal healthcare professionals each year through the Awards Program
- AMSUS Scholarship Program awards scholarships to AMSUS members, their spouses and children pursuing education toward a healthcare career
This program is a way for current members to get involved in promoting the many benefits of AMSUS membership to prospective members.
As a way of saying thank you to our members who have helped refer new members, you will be eligible to receive the following awards:
|3||$25 AMSUS Store Credit|
|5||$100 Gift Card|
|10 or more||$250 Gift Card|
Awards are based on the number of new members you refer within the program year, which runs from June 1 to May 31.
Prospective members are individuals eligible for AMSUS membership, who have not previously been a member.
To receive your award for referring a new member, be sure they indicate your name in the “Referred by” section of the application.